With the leftover crabmeat I had from last night’s dinner, I was able to come up with this light and colorful idea for brunch.
Crab and potato salad with dill and tomato concassé
2 or 3 potatoes, cooked, peeled and sliced
2 to 3 tbsp crème fraîche
2 to 3 tbsp fresh dill, chopped
A handful of greens, I used baby romaine
1 big tomato, peeled, seeded and chopped
The juice of half a lemon
Extra virgin olive oil
Salt and pepper
1 or 2 poached egg per person
1. While the potatoes are still warm, mix them with the crème fraîche and dill. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
2. Dress the tomato with the lemon juice and olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
3. Mix the crabmeat with the lettuce greens at the last minute.
4. Layer the bottom of a plate or a bowl with the potato salad, add the crab and greens on top and drop a few spoonfuls of tomato concassé a bit everywhere, making sure to add the juice that will have accumulated at the bottom of your bowl. This is the tastiest bit and serves as your dressing.
5. Reheat the poached eggs, remove the excess liquid with a paper towel and arrange on top of the salad. Drizzle with your best olive oil, season with salt and pepper and serve at once.