I love to make this on weekends. It is not a pretty dish, but it sure is tasty. Serve with toast or any type of bread. Today, I used a yellow bell pepper and a courgette, but sometimes I use mushrooms and tomatoes instead. I was inspired by Madhur Jaffrey for this.
2 tsp neutral tasting oil, I use grapeseed
3 eggs, beaten
1 tsp fresh ginger, grated
1 clove of garlic, finely diced
1 tbsp red onion, finely chopped
1/2 courgette, finely diced
2 tbsp red or yellow bell pepper, finely diced
1/2 red or green chili with seeds, chopped
1/2 tsp cumin seeds
1/2 tsp mustard seeds
1/8 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp dried fenugreek leaves (Kasoori Methi), crushed in your hands
salt and pepper
1. Beat the eggs with a pinch of salt and pepper along with the turmeric. Set aside.
2. In a non-stick pan, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the cumin and the mustard seeds.
3. When they start sizzling, add the ginger, the garlic and all the vegetables with a pinch of salt and stir for one or two minutes.
4. Turn the heat off and add the egg mixture. Stir until the eggs are done to your liking. Add the fenugreed leaves.
5. Transfer to a bowl and eat.