On my quest for losing weight with the goal of fitting in my Versace suit again, you may find a new orientation on Mon Food Blog.
Don’t worry, I will still be eating pasta and these other delightful Italian dishes I love so much, just healthier versions.
This is a great idea for a mid-week dinner as it is a low-carb, less than 400 calorie dish that is ready in under 20 minutes.
Adapted from Eating Light Magazine.
For 4 people, you will need:
1 sirloin steak per person, about 150 g each
1 big head cauliflower cut into florets
1 tablespoon olive oil
3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
1/2 cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
1 tablespoon capers, drained if in brine, rinsed if in salt
1 shallot, chopped
2 tablespoons red wine vinegar or sherry vinegar
salt and pepper
1. Cut the cauliflower into florets and put in a basket over boiling water. Steam for 10 to 12 minutes, until you can easily insert a knife without resistance.
2. While the cauliflower is cooking, season your steaks on both sides with salt and pepper. Heat the olive oil in your favourite heavy bottom pan over medium-high heat and cook the steaks for a few minutes on each side, depending on their thickness and the doneness you prefer. Transfer to a plate and let them rest for five minutes before cutting.
3. In a small bowl, combine the parsley, capers, vinegar, shallot and 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil. Set aside.
4. Transfer the cauliflower in the bowl of a food processor with the remaining one tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, salt and pepper and whiz it to a smooth purée. You may need to add a bit of the cooking water.
5. Serve the steaks on a warm platter, on top of the cauliflower purée and garnish with the caper salsa.
Categories: Mains, Weeknight recipe
I LOVE cauliflower puree. It has officially replaced mashed potato in our household. Gorgeous pictures by the way :)
It has replaced mashed potatoes in our house, too! Thanks!
That looks amazing!!
Gorgeous styling! I would love to have this on my dinner plate!
You can! It is really easy to put together!
Great idea! Salsa using capers!
Great combo here. Caper salsa is so up my alley.