With just a hint of sweetness, these are just perfect for snacking.
If you prefer, place the mixture in a loaf pan and make a zucchini bread instead of muffins. Either way, I am sure you will enjoy this recipe and make it again and again.
Inspired by one of my favourite Quebec TV show: À la Distasio.
1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
2 large eggs
1/2 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1 cup unbleached white flour
1/2 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1 1/2 to 2 cups grated zucchini
1/2 semi-sweat chocolate chips (optional)
Preheat the oven to 350°F.
1. Whisk the first four ingredients together until the sugar has dissolved. Add the zucchini and stir to combine.
2. In another bowl, mix the flours, nutmeg, baking powder, baking soda and salt together. Add the chocolate chips if using.
3. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ones and stir with a wooden spoon gently. Do not over mix.
4. Distribute the mixture evenly in muffin molds and bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. If you are making a zucchini bread, add about 10 minutes to the cooking time.
5. Take out of the molds and let cool to room temperature.
Categories: Breakfast, Snack, Vegetarian
I love the idea of sweet mixed with savory in baking… pinned!
Tell me how they turn out!